Honkai Impact 3 PC FAQs
Last Updated: APR 6, 2022
Hi Captains! Recently we've received feedback regarding issues of Honkai Impact 3 PC Version downloads, updates and crashes. Please kindly note that Honkai Impact 3 PC Version will be updated in v5.6, and Ai-chan is here to address all your questions before and after the update!
※※※※ Honkai Impact 3 PC Version System Requirements ※※※※
OS: Windows 10 1903 and newer versions
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400, AMD Ryzen R5-1600 or other similar processors
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon RX 480
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 15 GB available space
OS: Windows 7 SP1 x64
Processor: Intel Core i3-6100, AMD FX-6300 or other similar processors
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 15 GB available space
※※※※ Honkai Impact 3 PC FAQs ※※※※
In future Honkai Impact 3 updates, KB3033929 will become an essential component of the game. We recommend Captains who are using Windows 7 to update the patch as soon as possible. Starting from APR 6, 2022, the PC launcher will automatically install relevant components if you are using Windows 7.
★ PC Launcher Extension Installation FAQs
Q1: PC launcher indicates "The extensions required for running the game failed to be installed (1058)".
1. Hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter services.msc and click OK to open "Service" window.
2. In the "Service" window, double-click on "Windows Update".
3. In the pop-up window, select Manual for "Startup type", then click Apply and OK.
4. Exit Honkai Impact 3 PC launcher (Make sure you exit the program, not minimize to system tray).
5. Restart the Honkai Impact 3 PC launcher and it will automatically install the patches required.
6. After successfully installing, reboot the computer as directed by the pop-up window.
Q2: PC launcher indicates that "The extensions required for running the game failed to be installed (-2145124297)".
1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148, and download the patch Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.
2. Change the suffix of Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.msu to Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab, and decompress it into a new folder (do not decompress into the default download folder).
3. Hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter cmd and click OK to open Command Prompt.
4. In Command Prompt, enter dism /online /add-package /packagepath: "X:\route\filename.cab" and then press Enter to install.
(For example, if you decompressed files to the "update" folder of Disk D, then please enter dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"D:\update\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab")
★ PC launcher FAQs
Q3: PC launcher does not respond when clicked.
1. Double-click on launcher.exe in the file directory and observe if there are any dump files generated in the launcher's file directory. If so, please include the dump file and the logs folder of launcher installation file directory in a new folder. Send the new folder to our customer service as feedback (only send logs folder if there are no dump files).
2. In the launcher installation file directory, double-click on "vcredist2013_x64.exe" to install. Go to Microsoft's official website below and download and install the latest VC_redist.x64.exe of the corresponding Visual Studio version. Reboot the game.
Q4: After opening the PC launcher, its main screen glitched (for example, the display is cut off).
A4: Right-click on the PC launcher icon of Honkai Impact 3 to open Properties. Select [Compatibility] - [Choose the high DPI settings for this program], and then select [High DPI scaling override] and [Application]. Click Apply and OK. Reboot the PC launcher and the glitch will be fixed.
★Game Download and Update FAQs
Q5: When downloading the game, the progress/speed is 0, or the download progress gets stuck and cannot continue.
1. Please check and restore network settings, including VPN, proxy, and hosts files (check if global proxy is enabled).
2. Reboot the computer or right-click on the launcher to open it as Administrator.
Q6: While downloading, a prompt pops up and indicates that "There is not enough space available to complete this operation, please free up space and retry."
A6: Please make sure the disk has at least 15 GB of space available for installing, running and updating the PC version. You can free up space and click retry to continue downloading.
Q7: While downloading, a prompt pops up and indicates "Game files verification error, please click retry to fix it".
A7: Please reboot the computer, and if the issue persists, you can manually clear all the download files and re-download the game (clear the /Games folder of the root directory of the PC launcher).
Q8: After downloading, a prompt indicates that "Game files decompression failed" during installation.
1. Please make sure that there is enough storage space in the disk you are downloading the game in. If not, please free up space and restart the PC launcher to update the game.
2. If there is enough space, please confirm if you are running any antivirus software and whether the files (such as launcher.exe and BH3.exe) in the installation folder of Honkai Impact 3 are being intercepted. If so, please find the intercepted files in the isolation area of the antivirus software and add them to trust list. You can also exit the antivirus software and restart the PC launcher to install the game.
Q9: After downloading the game, the Start Game button is grayed out.
A9: Please check and restore network settings, including VPN, proxy and hosts files (check if global proxy is enabled).
★ Game Running FAQs
Q10: When launching or running the game, it crashes like the image below shows.
A10: Please refer to the following methods for solutions:
1. Make sure the system and the graphics card support DirectX 11 and newer versions. If so, please update the graphics card driver and reboot the game.
2. Remove all USB devices (such as console controllers) except for the keyboard & mouse. Reboot the computer and the game.
3. Open Registry Editor (hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter regedit to open it), and delete all the contents in the directory of \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HoYoverse\Honkai Impact 3. Open File Manager and delete all the contents in the directory of %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\HoYoverse\Honkai Impact 3. Reboot the game.
4. If the issue persists after trying the two forementioned methods, please find output_log.txt and Crashes folder in the directory of %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\HoYoverse\Honkai Impact 3, include both in a new folder and send it to [Customer Service] as feedback.
Q11: When launching the game, a prompt pops up and indicates that [Windows Defender failed to initialize] or [Windows Defender error]. The game cannot be launched.
A11: Please close all functioning anti-virus software, reboot the computer, and restart the game. If the issue persists, please contact customer service.
Q12: When launching the game, a prompt pops up and indicates that [This application failed to start because it could not find xxx140.dll]. The game cannot be launched.
A12: Go to the Microsoft's official website below and download and install the latest VC_redist.x64.exe. Reboot the game.
Q13: When the game is launched, it stays at the HoYoverse logo page and there is a black screen. The game cannot be launched.
A13: Go to the Microsoft's official website below and download and install the latest VC_redist.x64.exe. Reboot the game.
Q14: After the game is launched, it is stuck on the [Connecting to the network] page.
A14: Please check and restore network setting, including VPN, proxy and hosts files. (check if Global Proxy or Game Accelerator has been enabled) Open Registry Editor (hold down Windows Key and press R to open "Run" window, where you enter regedit to open it), and delete all the contents in the directory of \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HoYoverse\Honkai Impact 3. Open File Manager and delete all the contents in the directory of %systemdrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\LocalLow\HoYoverse\Honkai Impact 3. Reboot the game.
Please feel free to contact customer service for consultation and feedback if you have any questions. Thank you for your understanding and support!
Customer Service Mailbox:
Last Updated: FEB 8, 2020
The PC client will be available from FEB 13! Below are our answers to the most frequently asked questions~
Q： How do I download the PC client?
A: Ai-chan will notify Captains ASAP in our community when the PC client becomes available for download on our official site on FEB 13~
Q: What servers does the PC client operate on? How do I log in?
A: You can access the SEA server after FEB 13. You can log in with your HoYoverse account.
Q: Can I log into the PC client with a guest, Facebook or another third-party account?
A: Perhaps in the future! Ai-chan strongly suggests you link your HoYoverse account ASAP for the time being (tap the account option on the upper left Bridge screen to link your HoYoverse account).
Q: What are the minimum and recommended PC specs required to run the PC client?
A: The minimum and recommended PC specs are as follows:
Q: Can I run the PC client on Mac?
A: The PC client only supports Windows at present. Sorry about that! > <
Q: Does the PC client support gamepad input?
A: Of course! Feel free to plug in almost any mainstream controller - you can even configure the controls!
Q: Can I top-up when playing on PC?
A: Accounts registered with the PC client can top-up on PCs as well as Android and iOS devices, whereas those registered with Android and iOS apps can log into the PC client but only top-up on Android and iOS devices respectively. Topping-up is also possible via our official site.
Thank you for your support! Your love keeps Ai-chan going strong!